It’s my favorite season! Autumn is the best. Even though I live in California and don’t get that dreamy east coast fall (seen above…swoon), we still get a pretty nice fally situation here in Stockton. I lovingly refer October as Stocktober and I’m so excited that it’s finally here! WOOO! It’s time to buy some pumpkins, break out my sweaters and start making some Autumny Noms. Here are some recipes from various blogs I’d like to try out.
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie from Oh How She Glows. I couldn’t decide if this was a dessert or a snack or what, but with the addition of protein powder, I think I can get away with calling such a delicious thing breakfast.
- Nutty Rise Muffins from Have Cake, Will Travel. I was about to skim over the recipe until I saw the glorious picture of the finished product.
- Immunity Soup from Height Eats. Recently sick, I am determined not to get sick again. If, however, I am plagued with the plague, I’d like to try this soup out for it’s alleged health benefits! Even if I’m not sick, I may give it a whirl.
- Zucchini Quiche from Bitter Sweet. I love this recipe because I think that the crust doesn’t look too hard to make and quiche is the best!
- Veggie Stew with Dumplings from Vegweb.com. The idea of cuddling up in a huge sweater and eating stew is such a dream!
- Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheeze also from Oh How She Glows. It looks delicious and combines one of my favorite vegetables with one of my other favorite things in the world, vegan cheese!
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies from Wannabe A Vegan but actual recipe adapted from allrecipes.com (just use vegan substitutes for the non-veganness). Beauties.
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa from Loralee Lewis. Found some pumpkin pie spice at Trader Joe’s and can’t wait to try this!